One of the workshop goals is to increase both intra and inter community interactions. Towards this goal, this year's SLT will host special sessions. Below contains information on how to propose such events at SLT 2014. If you want to excite the community with the topic you have in mind and have an impact on the workshop content and make it part of technical program, now this is your chance!
Call for Special Sessions
Submission of proposals in all areas of spoken language technology listed in Call for Papers (CFP) is encouraged, with emphasis on the workshop technical theme, which is "machine learning in spoken language technology", or other multidisciplinary topics allowing interaction between different communities or technical areas. Organizers will be asked to write a summary report after the event to be posted on the website. If the proposed special session does not have sufficient number of accepted papers to be presented, special session proposals can be submitted as a SIG meeting proposal, please check SIG page.
Prospective organizers are invited to submit 1 page proposals, including below required information (alternative preferences have to be listed)
- Preferred format/length of the session (poster, oral, discussion group)
- Flexibility to have it as single session or over different sessions
- Number of expected papers, or presentations, or people attending
- Flexibility with date/time (morning/afternoon/evening)
- Date by when decision is expected?
- Any requests from organizing committee (e.g., logistics)?
- Special Session (SS) proposal submission: June 6, 2014
- Notification of SS proposals (1st/2nd decision): June 15 / September 19, 2014
- Special Interest Group (SIG) proposal submission: November 21, 2014